Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Capital Markets team. Affirm Capital Markets is responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing strategy for funding our loans - a complex role essential to the functioning of a modern bank. The ideal candidate will understand how a lending business works and have a base knowledge of various debt funding strategies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
- Assist in structuring, negotiating, and executing various types of asset financing transactions with the goal of growing into a deal leadership role over time
- Create and own financial models, cross-functional discussions, and ad hoc analyses that drive strategic decisions with respect to Capital Markets transactions
- Communicate with and build relationships across Engineering, Product, Revenue, and Credit/Risk teams to help drive Capital Markets initiatives
- Lead diligence processes to help financing counter-parties understand Affirm’s assets and business
- Manage ongoing investor support, including amendments to deal documentation and data requests
What we look for
- Up to 3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, private equity, or sales and trading. Experience in debt capital markets with a focus on asset-backed securities is a plus.
- Exposure to/knowledge of various types of financing transactions, including warehouse facilities, loan sales/forward flow, and/or securitizations
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Humility and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values