Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What you'll do
- Direct a tight general ledger month-end accounting close process and related activities to ensure that all recorded transactions (including journal entries) include appropriate supporting documentation and all GL accounts are properly reconciled (and identified reconciling items are resolved in a timely basis)
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements, and footnote disclosures to ensure timely and accurate filings for our clients
- All aspects of reporting including data gathering, processing and control
- Assist with the assessment of new GAAP pronouncements, preparing position papers and amending the reporting process accordingly
- Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements
- Investor Reporting – Oversee other external reporting deliverables such as statutory filings and investor reporting
- Internal Reporting – Prepare monthly management financial packages (with analysis) and other management reports as requested (this includes understanding and clearly articulating the financial results of the company and preparing balance sheet, income statement fluctuation and cash flow analysis)
- Document accounting policies and procedures for all Debt related transactions and ensure debt and related derivatives are properly recorded monthly
- Responsible for driving and collaborating with all teams to ensure that all accounting close deliverables are completed as scheduled per month-end accounting close calendar
- Interface with external auditors
- Support commercialization of first product sales
What we look for
- CPA required; Audit experience required (Big 4 experience required)
- 10+ experience and recent experience as a Senior Accounting Manager or Director of a public company is required
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally
- Financial systems knowledge and expertise and familiarity with financial business applications; must have strong understanding of ERP systems
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting, stock option accounting, loan accounting and securitization
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies, as well as develop and motivate staff
- An orientation toward process and detail mindedness. Strong analytical and quantitative skills and superior accounting skills.
- Desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Passion for the Affirm and a strong interest in technology
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.