Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to lead Credit for our Core Point of Sale business, reporting to the Head of Risk.
We are looking for someone who is oriented to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory; thinking through credit policies for new initiatives and products, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
This leader will need to be a deft influencer. Working with the Machine Learning team to develop new underwriting models, with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Pricing team to customize merchant pricing, with the Capital Markets team to help facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors, will all be components of the role.
A critical leadership role in the company, the impact of this person will be instrumental in helping Affirm achieve its mission of helping millions of people improve their financial lives, while creating a robust financial institution.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What you'll do
- Design and develop new credit, pricing, limit setting policies for our Core Point-of-Sale product
- Work with Risk Engineering and Machine Learning teams to continue to improve our underwriting and modeling frameworks
- Work with Product teams on innovative ways we could change the product to improve unit economics
- Develop a robust valuations and monitoring infrastructure
- Leverage this valuations ownership to come up with insights on how to think about economics of the business
- Forecast losses and delinquencies. Work with Finance on allowance policies
- Monitor macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance and drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
- Develop and grow a high-performing team of analysts on how to manage credit for the business
- You will work cross-functionally with various teams - Applied ML, Product, Engineering, Fraud, Capital, Pricing, Legal/Compliance and Commercial teams
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change banking, payments and online marketing for the better
- 8-10 years’ work experience in consumer credit risk management
- Experienced people manager with demonstrated ability to develop and lead large teams
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree degree in a quantitatively rigorous discipline like engineering, statistics desired
- Proficiency with SQL preferred. Experience with Python, or other statistical scripting languages a plus