Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team crafts and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively enforce regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, guidance & training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation and oversight. Although a second line of defense, compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, change management, issue identification and remediation plans, assessment and monitoring of third parties, and provides trends and data to enable informed decision making, strengthen controls or provide for better treatment of consumers.
Affirm is actively seeking a Compliance Program Manager to own, improve, and drive certain critical compliance management program elements! In this role, you will work across the compliance team and in partnership with other risk functions within the company to support the company’s compliance program. This role’s primary function will be to conduct ongoing monitoring and testing to proactively identify compliance concerns. Based in San Francisco (primary) or Salt Lake City (secondary), this role will report to the Affirm Compliance Program Director.
What you'll do
- Perform ongoing monitoring, testing and reporting on adherence to compliance program and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with the broader compliance team to investigate exceptions and report findings.
- Coordinate the execution of the compliance risk assessment, including collating and documenting results.
- Work with compliance subject matter experts to operationalize the Compliance Management Program and related processes.
- Provide cross team and cross functional engagement to ensure timely execution on deliverables, and transparency to affected subject matter experts.
- Continuously improve internal compliance processes relating to the Compliance Management Program and system.
What we look for
- 6+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Program, Enterprise Risk, Operational or Project Management, or Audit, experience implementing risk programs preferred.
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer finance.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team.
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated and sensitive issues.