Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. The Strategic Partnerships Lead is responsible for identifying and executing new partnerships to help us expand distribution and grow our merchant and consumer networks exponentially. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience negotiating partnerships and working cross-functionally to identify, structure and execute Affirm’s most strategic deals. We value experience, intelligence, creativity and strategic thinking in addition to all of the traits necessary to represent Affirm in the payments and FinTech ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Lead and support deals and partnerships essential to exponentially increase Affirm distribution and ubiquity with merchants and consumers
- Identify new opportunities to drive industry leadership and new business opportunities
- Create and develop relationships with leaders and innovators in digital commerce, payments and FinTech
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to influence roadmap development
- Work with Affirm’s Legal Team on contract management and risk mitigation
What we look for
- 3-5 years experience in Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Product or related fields
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the organization
- Strong product mindset with the ability and desire to get in the weeds
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics
- Familiarity with the payments and ecommerce/in-store platforms landscape
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills