This team is based in the San Francisco and NYC office, and is hiring remotely
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our Android team. We are dedicated to building a delightful and performant user experience for our line of honest financial products. Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.
What you'll do
- Work across the org to plan and execute large, cross-functional initiatives. Work with engineers across the org on project definition, technical specification, task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Generate simple and elegant designs that are easily deployed and debugged, but anticipate the unhappy path. Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Review others’ work and provide constructive feedback in order to maintain high and consistent quality standards across teams.
- Lead and mentor engineers to help them succeed and grow. Provide the right context to engineers and train them to take ownership of their respective pieces of the initiative.
- Effectively incorporate needs and opinions from stakeholders, advocate for ideas and initiatives, and create a common understanding where all voices are heard.
- Conduct technical and soft skill evaluations to inform and influence the hiring decisions. Develop and review the technical content and requirements of the interview process.
What we look for
- Demonstrated achievements with respect to the behaviors listed above.
- Strong intuition around software architecture.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Expertise in Kotlin or Java.
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem
- Open to Staff and Senior level candidates