Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s mission is to build honest financial products to improve user’s lives. We have started off by providing point-of-sale financing to our merchant’s customers, and have expanded our reach with consumers via the Affirm mobile app. We are continuously working on making our product available to more consumers, ensuring each interaction exceeds their expectations.
Affirm is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead Web Product Engineering, the team that owns, builds and deploys all of Affirm’s consumer facing Web Apps. This role is critical to building a stable, delightful user experience for our line of honest financial products.
Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a front-end engineering team
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members
- Drive technical strategy and establish key relationships that will help expand the scope of Affirm’s apps to serve more of its business
- Work on a broad set of Affirm’s product initiatives and establish strong cross-functional relationships
- Develop a symbiotic relationship with the Web Foundations team in order to help them drive key improvements to web engineering velocity
- Collaborate with our Mobile and Information Architecture teams to drive toward consistent, unified architecture
- Build reusable flows and pages for our backend teams to build products with
- Develop norms and processes to ensure Affirm ships the most important changes
- Foster a healthy team culture and diverse, inclusive work environment
What We Look For
- Driven to change consumer financial services for the better
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A track record of leadership and impact in a managerial role.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent in stakeholder management
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.