Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Capital is the lifeblood of Affirm. Without consistent access to liquidity or sufficient cash flow visibility, Affirm simply wouldn’t function. And as Affirm continues its rapid growth, it’s critical for the company to scale its funding capacity to support the billions of dollars in loans that Affirm underwrites every year.
That’s where Capital Product comes in. The Capital Product team is responsible for conceiving, designing, and building the next generation of tools and processes required to scale Affirm’s intricate Capital operations.
We’re looking for an outstanding product manager who is not bound to the existing paradigms of traditional banks. You’ll drive innovative solutions while partnering with diverse internal stakeholders across capital markets, treasury, strategic finance, and accounting functions. You are comfortable working with designers and engineers in a technology driven agile environment. And most of all, you are motivated by a desire to reimagine how a bank should operate, supporting Affirm’s mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives.
What you'll do
- Establish yourself as a critical trusted partner of our internal Capital teams, i.e., your core users
- Become recognized as a domain expert in the subject matter and workflows that drive Affirm's Capital operations.
- Define and drive product strategy for your product area in collaboration with the head of capital product and company executives
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows
- Collaborate across functions – including engineering, design, capital, legal, compliance, and others – to successfully launch and scale internal products
- Analyze the impact of product features and define metrics for success
- Optimize user flows and process using controlled experiments and user testing
What we look for
- Passion and seek to change consumer finance for the better
- Prior product or relevant experience in finance, treasury, or debt capital markets a big plus
- Experience designing products for internal and external facing partners with hard SLAs
- Track record of successfully launching and growing software products and services
- Clear and compelling in written and verbal communication, with experience crafting specs and designs around user stories
- Obsesses over getting the details right but knows how to ship on time
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis