Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
There’s cash, there’s plastic...and then there’s Affirm. We’ve spent the past eight years building a better way to pay over time for the things that make life easier, more fulfilled, and more fun.
One of Silicon Valley’s most notable and fastest-growing startups, Affirm has stayed true to its mission from the beginning: Delivering honest financial products that improve lives. In service of this mission, we’ve recently begun amping up our marketing efforts to reach new users and spread the word about our brand to both B2C and B2B audiences.
We’re looking for someone who can help us do it all. First and foremost, you’re passionate about the craft of writing. You’re also an amazing editor who can capably lead our small but growing copywriting team and you’re hungry to take on a significant chunk of individual contributor work. Your outside-the-box conceptual thinking and creativity will shape the team’s work in a way that’s fresh and exciting.
You’ll help us reach our customers where they are and establish ourselves as a relevant resource through owned and paid channels, and through various partnerships. You’ll join Affirm’s Content Strategy team, comprised of copywriting, UX writing, content marketing, and technical writing. (We’ve kept all writing disciplines together at Affirm because we care about cohesion across every touchpoint—and because it’s fun to work with other writers!) As part of the Brand team, you’ll partner closely with our designers and work cross-functionally with our Brand Design, Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, Integrated Marketing, and PR/Communications teams. You’ll be responsible for concepting and crafting consumer- and merchant-facing narratives across a variety of media.
What you'll do
- Web content
- Email marketing
- Integrated marketing
- Support for PR and comms
- Consumer advocacy
- Social media
- Paid media
- In-store/retail marketing
What we look for
- 4+ years of experience
- Tremendous creativity—you’ll come up with the winning campaign concept
- Extreme efficacy as an editor
- Conviction about what makes for effective writing
- Creative problem-solving
- Facility for context-switching
- Learner’s mentality—there’s a lot to know about Affirm!
- Team-first approach with a small ego
- Passion for building a brand that’s making a positive difference in the financial space
- Experience writing for both B2C and B2B audiences
- Comfortable with quick turnarounds
- Experience in campaign concepting
- Talented storyteller
- Previous managerial experience a plus