Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm values information security as a critical part of the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it!
The Staff Security Software Engineer candidate will have extensive building and architecting software as part of a larger team. The ideal candidate can supervise the project design of experienced software and infrastructure engineers to improve the security of Affirm’s core applications.
What You'll Do
- Implement security control improvements within new and existing Affirm applications.
- Develop custom serverless Python applications to inventory and report on Affirm’s security posture.
- Specify, standardize, configure, and validate access controls across a wide range of cloud services.
- Collaborate with the greater Engineering team to develop secure deployment processes for Affirm’s applications and infrastructure.
- Develop and consult on authentication solutions across internal and external Affirm systems.
- Manage cloud platform security auditing, monitoring, and alerting capabilities.
- Decompose large, cross-team projects into individual tasks. Manage scope across teams and drive toward project closure.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience using modern software delivery techniques to develop cloud-based services using Python and AWS serverless infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience defining and implementing secure software delivery processes on top of Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Experience designing systems using standard authentication mechanisms, including SAML and/or OAuth2.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Terraform.
- Experience administering database services and corresponding access using role-based access controls.
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.