Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s mission is to build honest financial products to improve user’s lives. We have started off by providing point-of-sale financing to our merchant’s customers, and have expanded our reach with consumers via the Affirm mobile app. We are continuously working on making our product available to more consumers, ensuring each interaction exceeds their expectations.
We're looking for a dynamic Engineering Manager to lead an engineering team within our Capital Engineering organization. This role is critical to Affirm’s business, enabling a robust, scalable and timely loan origination process across the products and countries we operate in.
What you'll do
- Lead and manage a back-end engineering team
- Build and maintain services that enable the origination of loans internally and with bank partners.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Trading, and Capital teams to define and deliver on our product and technical roadmaps.
- Establish a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth
- Evangelize software development best practices and set a high engineering bar
- Facilitate technical discussions and plans to improve our software quality
- Plan, design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software systems
What we look for
- Driven to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience leading an engineering team
- Fluent in back-end development and distributed systems (we use server-side Python, Spark)
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration
- Prior startup experience or financial systems (Bank, Treasury, Payments, Trading, Portfolio Management) experience a plus