Join Affinidi and be part of the future of identity: secure, portable and controlled by the individual.
Affinidi empowers individuals and organisations with ownership and control of their verifiable data, to unlock value across borders and platforms.
Leveraging on the building blocks that Affinidi provides, trusted institutions and entities can issue verifiable credentials to customers, which can in turn be shared with other applications to access services in an open and interoperable ecosystem.
Currently undergoing development are three applications that leverage Affinidi’s technology: Safe Travel initiative, a digital medical credentials ecosystem to safely open up international air travel; Trustana, a curated B2B marketplace and trade platform connecting verifiable, international partners for seamless cross-border trade; and Good Worker, an online job matching platform for seasonal workers and employers in India.
Affinidi, along with the applications Trustana and Good Worker, are seeded by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore.
We are building a motivated and entrepreneurial team who is passionate about identity, decentralization and technology to make this happen.
The Director of Product Design will have a seat at the product leadership strategy table and will report to Affinidi’s senior product leader. You will be responsible for the processes across a complex set of stakeholders, products, and shared experiences, particularly in development of the vision and strategy for Product Design at Affinidi, building upon existing design systems and brand guidelines. You will collaborate with leadership and the marketing creative director to establish an industry-leading experience across the entire student and customer journey. You will also partner with the product leaders to develop the strategy for our new product research team.
Ideally, you will work closely with leadership across Product, Content, Engineering, and partner teams to deliver complete user experiences for all of Affinidi’s products in order to improve the lives of Data owners and the outcomes of our Enterprise and Government customers. Additionally, you will lead and build a growing team of experienced product designers and define how product design operates at Affinidi.
What you will do
- Collaborate with Product leadership and contribute to product strategy and roadmaps to help us achieve our company vision and outcomes.
- Define how product design operates at Affinidi, including user research practices, ideation processes, strategy, interaction design, prototyping, success measurement & analytics, and visual design.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders in product management, engineering, marketing, services operations, customer success, and business development.
- Recruit, hire, and lead an excellent team of product designers to execute our product vision and strategy.
- Manage and mentor our product designers, and one marketing designer. Foster their growth through development planning, performance management, collaborative work, and real-time design feedback and coaching
- Oversee the design team's efforts across all product initiatives, partnering with product counterparts to ensure strong execution from concept through launch and beyond
- Partner with Product Leadership to inform the product roadmap, strategy, and vision
- Identify appropriate methods for measuring design team effectiveness, and drive continuous improvement in team performance and design quality
- Manage our product design roadmap, project planning and task prioritization
- Recruit and onboard new designers over time as the business grows
- 4+ years of experience as a Design leader, and ideally several more years in a mentorship capacity
- 10+ years of progressive experience in UX and product design, with a focus on web and/or mobile products
- A mix of high-growth Consumer and high-touch Enterprise experience is preferred, since you will design for both audiences and more at Affinidi
- Experience applying user research methodologies and product data/analytics to inform design decisions, including partnering with Research for data-driven persona creation and quantitative research projects
- An inspiring portfolio that demonstrates experience managing design processes, leading design projects, crafting design systems, working through complex user flows, and shipping products that are functional, intuitive and visually compelling
- You can effectively partner with individuals from other parts of the company, such as Marketing Creative, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, Support, Sales, and Operations, leading major cross-functional initiatives
- Proven ability to identify and execute on opportunities for team improvement over time
- Meaningful experience working closely with executive teams in presenting design vision and strategy, systems, and recommending product or creative strategies
- Knowledge of associated practices, including UX writing, User Research, Motion, UX, and accessibility standards
- Working knowledge of some industry design tools - e.g. Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Principle, Framer, and any other tools needed to get the job done
- Experience with motivation and habit-driving applications, since skills training is challenging and requires motivation, habits, and grit
Equal Opportunity Statement
Affinidi embraces diversity in all of its forms and fosters an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.