Join Affinidi and be part of the future of identity: secure, portable and controlled by the individual.
Affinidi empowers individuals and organisations with ownership and control of their verifiable data, to unlock value across borders and platforms.
Leveraging on the building blocks that Affinidi provides, trusted institutions and entities can issue verifiable credentials to customers, which can in turn be shared with other applications to access services in an open and interoperable ecosystem.
Currently undergoing development are three applications that leverage Affinidi’s technology: Safe Travel initiative, a digital medical credentials ecosystem to safely open up international air travel; Trustana, a curated B2B marketplace and trade platform connecting verifiable, international partners for seamless cross-border trade; and Good Worker, an online job matching platform for seasonal workers and employers in India.
Affinidi, along with the applications Trustana and Good Worker, are seeded by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore.
We are building a motivated and entrepreneurial team who is passionate about identity, decentralization and technology to make this happen.
The SafeTravel initiative aims to safely re-open the borders and enable cross-border travel amidst and after the pandemic.
SafeTravel provides the following:
- Tooling and infrastructure for medical laboratories to issue digitally verifiable credentials and store
- A way to store the results of the COVID tests and vaccinations in a safe and encrypted manner
- Unifier, a universal verifier of the digitally verifiable credentials used by authorities such as immigration, airports, land checkpoints, etc.
We are building a motivated and entrepreneurial team who is passionate about safe traveling, identity, privacy and technology to make this happen.
Join SafeTravel and be part of an initiative aimed to safely re-open the borders and enable cross-border travel amidst and after the pandemic.
What you’ll do:
This team is a great fit for you if:
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
- You are passionate about customer experience, sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- You enjoy and like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy building a career that impacts the society.
Technical requirements include:
- Code, test and operate Node.js based services
- Code, test and operate React-based services
- Debug, fix product issues from the customer logs
- Implement new features in collaboration with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers
- Contribute to a future-ready, high-quality, and high-performant code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Contribute to the team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
- Work in an exciting startup environment where you can be autonomous and try new things
You should apply if:
- If you know how to debug the product, find issues via customer logs and defect fixing
- If you think DevOps and CI/CD is not just a buzzword
- You have hands-on experience with REST APIs or OpenAPI
- You feel comfortable doing frontend and backend engineering using relational databases such as Postgres.
- You have a good working knowledge of design patterns, building and deploying microservices on the cloud and feel comfortable with Test Driven Development and feel confident when to apply it
- You have experience building microservices systems and testing them
Bonus points if:
- Experience as systems support
- You have experience building cloud systems with high data protection requirements, anonymous data and data encryption
- You have experience with JVM languages (Scala, Kotlin or Java) or Golang.
- You have experience with BDD (behaviour driven development)
- You have worked with React Native
- You have worked with VueJS, AngularJS or Clojure
Here is the interview process for this role:
- 30m interview with one of our Talent Team or Recruitment Partners
- 60m interview with our Engineers
- 60m pairing interview with one of our Engineers to discuss the Case Study
- 60m final interview (culture, cross-functional)
We can be flexible with the structure if someone's circumstances or timescales require it for good reason, just let us know!
Please reach out if you have any specific requirements so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.