As Lead Engineer, you'll be hands-on, participating in all aspects of software development while mentoring, and growing, a distributed team of remote software engineers. In this role, you will report to the CTO and apply your full-stack experience to advise, architect technical requirements, and implement them. Additionally, you’ll partner with our Clinical Product Manager, our Clinical Operations teams, and our Data team to ensure our solutions are not only streamlined and effective, but also well-documented, reliable, and scalable.
Extensive full-stack technical experience is a must in this role. You must have natural leadership skills and be willing to roll up your sleeves to ensure the on-time delivery of exceptional products driven by sound technical choices. You must be comfortable working with stakeholders, and helping assist the product team to actualize requirements from nebulous stakeholders. This role offers opportunities for career growth in engineering leadership.
The Clinical Care Team’s objectives are to build the best clinical care system in addiction treatment by:
- Empowering our clinicians and operations team to deliver empathetic, high-quality, and data-driven care
- Creating a clinical decision support system to drive consistency in care, measure outcomes, and adjust treatment based on what is most effective at treating those with that specific substance use disorder
- Increasing efficiency of our care operations so that our care team can focus more direct member care and less on operational workflow
- Leading our thinking around compliance and working with insurers on revenue cycle management for value based care
In this role, you will…
- Join a mission-driven startup focused on improving the millions of lives of individuals who live with a substance use disorder.
- Write code. As an early engineer you make foundational software design, and architecture decisions.
- Develop operational software to support efforts to help our members, including payment delivery and HIPAA compliant messaging.
- Work directly with the CTO to establish an engineering culture of growth and learning while also meeting a regulated industry’s demands.
- Assist in the hiring and mentoring of engineers on your team.
- Be part of a culture that prioritizes fun, flexibility, and self-care, living our values of empathy, passion, and accountability.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 6+ years of overall professional experience in a collaborative team setting
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a software engineer, designing applications or service-based systems.
- You enjoy the following: ruby, rails, python, django, typescript, react, html, writing tests, building great UI's, working with stakeholders
- You can operate production infrastructure that follows DevOps principles
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your thoughts and decisions comfortably.
- You have experience as a member of an agile team and have collaborated with other developers.
- You care about building great products, from elegant code to tests to great user experiences.
- You can architect and guide developing software that is well-tested, maintainable, clean, and secure
- You have experience building compliant systems. (FERPA, SOC 2, HIPAA, HITRUST)
- You can develop software that is well-tested, maintainable, clean, and secure.
- You desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from discovery through deployment.
- Bravery and grit! We have many people to help, and therefore a lot of work to do, which will require bold thinking to accomplish our goal.
We scale pay on seniority. Our budget for this role ranges from 130k - 180k annual salary, and includes health benefits, a 401k, long term disability.
This is a 100% remote role, we have no central office, though we commit to gathering by department at least twice a year, so some travel should be expected. As such we do have a mandatory covid vaccination policy.
We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time, or individuals not residing in the United States.