Affect Therapeutics uses mobile technology to deliver the first evidence-based digital recovery program for stimulant use. Affect combines a member-facing digital therapeutic app and an integrated treatment system to deliver an effective stimulant recovery program at scale. Affect has brought together a team of advisors across addiction, business, and gaming, including Dr. Jeff De Flavio, founder of Groups Recover Together; Tom McClellan, the most published researcher in addiction; and Kevin Ryan, founder of Gilt Groupe and Business Insider. Affect is backed by City Light Ventures, AlleyCorp, and Kapor Capital.
About the role
We are seeking a compassionate, empathetic, and strong teammate for our Care Coordination – Member Advocate team who wants to change the way the world treats stimulant addiction. By sharing our values of Empathy, Commitment, Generosity & Authenticity, the Affect team strives to provide the skills to help each member reach sobriety.
The Care Coordination team plays a critical role within our Member Services organization and the Member Advocate has the below responsibilities
- Serve as the Affect liaison and case manager for interactions as we treat, engage with, and support our members without prejudice, stigma, or judgment
- Feel a sense of ownership for member retention, engagement, and overall success in the program on their journey to recovery.
- Utilize Electronic Health Record (EHR) and other internal tools to schedule, coordinate, reschedule, follow-up with, and all other interactions with current members.
- Provide a positive experience that demonstrates our unique culture and values to develop a trusted rapport with members.
- Unlock desired clinical outcomes for our members by adhering to Affect’s policies and providing consistent, superior care.
- Coordinate with other key internal stakeholders (e.g., Product/Engineering, Clinical Services, and more) to garner member feedback on all elements of their experience with Affect and work to set solutions into practice.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2-year experience working in substance use disorder setting, providing clinical guidance to address cravings and offering emotional support.
- Experience guiding members through Medicaid enrollment, locating and securing housing, providing employment resources and similar services.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor during all member interactions, including crisis situations
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Committed to a high ethical standard in everything you do, working collaboratively with providers, counselors, and other colleagues.
- Excitement about working at an early-stage company
- Self-starter with high emotional intelligence
- Experience working with a various software tools (e.g., CRM, EHR, etc.), comfortable with technology
- Must have a quiet, private dedicated home office with a door with reliable internet connection.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.