As a Software engineer at Affect Therapeutics, you will build and maintain software to help people overcome substance abuse disorder (SUD). You will be joining an early startup and working to develop the foundational features of our operational and customer experiences. You will collaborate with stakeholders, pair with other engineers, and research new technologies in order to help us continually improve patient outcomes.
In this role, you will…
- Join a mission-driven startup focused on improving the outcomes in substance use disorder treatment.
- Write code. As an early member of the team, you will build software as well as our engineering culture.
- Guide technical decisions on a multi-functional, agile team alongside product management and product design.
- Develop operational software to support care team efforts in order to help our members, including payment delivery and HIPAA compliant messaging.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years of overall professional experience in a collaborative team setting.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a software engineer, designing applications or service-based systems.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your thoughts and decisions comfortably.
- You have experience as a member of an agile team and have collaborated with other developers.
- You have experience building compliant systems. (SOC 2, HIPAA, HITRUST)
- You can develop software that is well-tested, maintainable, clean, and secure.
- You desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from discovery through deployment.
Bravery and grit! We have many people to help, and therefore a lot of work to do, which will require bold thinking to accomplish our goal.