Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spinoff focused on understanding human emotion. Our vision is that technology needs the ability to sense, adapt and respond to nonverbal signals, not just commands. We are building emotional artificial intelligence (Emotion AI).
Our first technology measures human emotion through sensing and analyzing facial expressions. This technology is already being used commercially in a number of different markets and use cases. It has been released to the public in the form of SDKs so that developers around the world can begin to use it to create a new breed of apps, websites and experiences.
- Develop Affectiva’s core in-market iOS and macOS SDK codebase
- Implement a pipeline for analyzing audio signal on a iOS/macOS devices
- Optimize the SDK execution runtime on iOS/macOS devices
- Prototype applications and demos that use Emotion AI
- Work with partners on integrating the iOS and MacOS SDK into their applications.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in developing and shipping applications on iOS and macOS platforms.
- Demonstrated competency in developing portable software, including cross-compiler and platform expertise
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Track record of success in a small, fast-moving team
- Experience with performance benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
Nice to have
- Python experience
- Experience in the design and implementation of build/test/release infrastructure
- Familiarity with CocoaPods, Fabrics/Crashlytics
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent