Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated systems engineer capable of leading technical teams in the development of IR sensors. The individual will be expected to help shaping and developing future products as well as executing in the support of existing products in production. The candidate should be capable of performing EO/IR analysis, radiometric calculation, and system error budget modeling to support in the development of system concepts, and to verify designs meet their requirements. This engineer will direct engineers and technicians in electrical, mechanical, and optical tasks required for program performance. The engineer will also perform system debugging and troubleshooting, and provide technical direction and support to production operations.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the research and development of advanced electro-optic technologies and techniques, including concept development, modeling, design, assembly, testing, and analysis
- Perform technical writing for reports/proposals, prepare presentations, interact with team members, and lead technical development projects
- Diagnosis complex problems with our products and recommend solutions with minimal support and oversight
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Master's or Ph.D degree in science, engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to develop novel sensor concepts and architectures, including trade studies, system budget analysis, feasibility analysis, modeling/simulation, and optical design
- Must have deep understanding on how to interpret, process, and improve point cloud
- Strong knowledge of detection theory is required
- Advanced knowledge of semiconductor solid state physics related to avalanche/PIN photodiodes and other photonic systems.
- Technical knowledge in electro-optic devices and optics: laser diodes, free space optics, fiber optics, and Gaussian beam propagation
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Experience in electronics for use in optoelectronics: laser diode drive and modulation, signal conditioning, data acquisition, transimpedance amplifiers, RF Analog electronics, ADC, etc
- Software Skills: Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, Linux OS, C/C++, Python, ZEMAX
Salary Range: $112,000 - $120,000
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.