AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated IT Help Desk Support Technician. The role of IT Support Technician, is a liaison between IT and all users of computing devices within the enterprise. This position will have broad knowledge in end user technologies. This is a IT support position that must be able to communicate well with end users. The IT Support Technician is responsible for understanding the policies and processes for handling normal end user support issues, general configurations and settings of company issued computing devices and capable of troubleshooting and resolving issues to restore the devices into full functioning capacity for authorized users. The role interacts directly with users in all positions within the company from individual contributors to executive leaders either via phone or in person
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provisions end user technologies including PCs, phones, teleconference, file shares, and other technology.
- Provides technical support to business area management and staff for personal computer systems software, hardware and network connectivity; including Microsoft product solutions, active directory, Ethernet topology, TCP/IP/SFTP, mobile devices, wireless/router configurations, etc.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, and network connectivity issues.
- May assign and maintain user accounts for select solutions
- Support users either on the phone or at desk side visit, troubleshooting problems via remote control, searching team resources for approved solutions, timely documentation of all tickets with follow through to closure, writing end-user communications, as well as developing/delivering end-user training.
- Provides support with standard image load and software installations as well as deskside.
- Participate in staff meetings and team meetings as required.
- Develop understanding of general industry usage of supported technologies.
- Develop a basic understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
- Develop relationships within IT and with supported customers to improve collaboration and teamwork necessary to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Participate in a development planning process where employee career goals are defined & understood and development activities are incorporated into the employee objectives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related business field or Associates degree with relevant experience.
- 1 Year Information Systems Experience
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Phone usage and phone communications skills
- Technical Proficiency - Extensive working experience with required technologies and can handle advanced & complex tasks. Viewed as a "go to" person for hardware and operating system issues.
- Analytical Abilities - Advanced problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to analyze & resolve hardware and software issues on all platforms supported by desk-side.
- Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience; Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Administration - Handles a wide range of administrative tasks effectively while managing an overall task workload that may include technical activities
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Normal office environment. Moving of computers, printers, and related hardware required.
- This is an individual contributor position reporting to Director of IT. This position interacts with all computer users within the company.
Salary Range: $35k-$55k
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.