Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
Aevum is seeking a Finance Generalist to support the company's growing accounting and finance needs.
As the Finance Generalist, you will work with other back office teams to support Aevum's autonomous launch and air cargo services. The Finance Generalist is responsible for general accounting and finance tasks according to Aevum's accounting policies and procedures to maintain the organization's compliance with DCAA, FAR, and GAAP. Finance Generalist maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. The Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
Finance work at Aevum involves exposure to highly sensitive, confidential, and/or classified information requiring confidentiality, tact, and discretion.
Aevum's operations are aggressive and you'll be asked to work hard as necessary. The ideal candidate is passionate about making the world better, is a self-starter, is focused on advancing their career, and is hungry to do work that matters.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $80,000/year commensurate to experience and fit.
- Perform accounting and finance tasks according to Aevum's accounting policies and procedures
- Regularly reconcile company accounts and ensure that the company's financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) are up-to-date for each closing period.
- Generate reports for company leadership as requested; weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual
- Develop opinions on the accuracy of financial reports for evaluating and testing internal controls
- Support payroll related tasks; timekeeping and associated accounting tasks
- Assist in managing banking and ensure the availability of department budgets as directed
- Support regulatory compliance activities, external audits, and tax compliance activities
- Create, maintain, and manage chart of accounts
- Maintain and report financial records
- Own, maintain, and improve financial models
- Analyze financial data to support business decision-making
- Help with budgeting and forecasts
- Create, maintain, and manage charts of accounts
- Assist in enforcing, managing, and improving company policies and procedures
- Participate and support meetings and reviews as required ensuring that all necessary finance data is available in the meeting
- Manage petty cash
- Help manage assets and depreciation schedule; work with Aevum's external accounting firm and serve as primary POC to CPAs.
- Support record keeping, receipt management, employee reimbursements, and other tasks as requested
- Be a team player and work alongside other back office teams to support Aevum's autonomous services and technology development projects.
No travel is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related
- Corporate finance experience is a must
- 3+ years of experience in tech, aerospace, or similar sector
- CPA certification
- GAAP-compliant accounting experience
- Knowledge of DCAA and FAR accounting requirements
- Familiarity with FAR contracting (FFP, Cost Plus, OTA, etc.) and associated finance requirements
- Experience managing corporate finance for multi-office tech company
- Experience with FP&A
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.