Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
Program Manager, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Aevum's Ravn X team is seeking a Program Manager to manage the Ravn X Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) development programs. The ideal candidate has a strong background in aircraft development methodologies and systems engineering.
As the Program Manager the Ravn X UAS, you will work alongside the Chief Engineer of Ravn X to fly new UAS designs from scratch all the way to production, flight, operations, and decommission.
Candidates with experience designing aircraft and leading aircraft development are encouraged to apply, but Aevum is open to providing UAS-specific program management training for strong program managers that may not have direct UAS development experience. Only hands-on program managers should apply. Microsoft Project experience is REQUIRED. Must be able to perform EVA/EVM, variance analysis, track KPI's, etc.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $185,000.
- Develop, maintain, and manage UAS vehicle integrated master schedule (IMS) using Microsoft Project and WBS
- Perform program schedule and cost analysis
- Create and present program status briefings to C-Level executives
- Engage with a multi-disciplinary engineering team and effectively direct productivity to deliver new UAS designs to flight
- Support the development and manage verification and validation of technical requirements and oversee test campaigns to ensure that qualification of new vehicles are completed on schedule and budget.
- Support, and occasionally lead, customer meetings (commercial and defense) and represent the Ravn X vehicle program of Aevum
- Lead IPT meetings and manage task and contract objectives according to FAR
- Manage subcontractors and their project ensuring that they deliver according to a well documented acceptance criteria and Aevum quality standard
- Develop, review, and manage specifications and SOW
- Perform trade studies of UAS designs and advanced concepts for cost and schedule
- Decompose customer requirements and allocate to IPT using WBS
- Demonstrated Program Manager responsibility in highly technical development programs
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related
- 5+ years of program management experience
- Excellent documentation and communication skills - fast, effective
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering process, project management concepts (critical path, cost variance, etc.)
- Prior responsibility managing $10M+ successfully
- Knowledge of product life cycle (identification of need, customer acquisition, requirements definition and decomposition, development, etc.)
- Ability to perform parametric analysis and high level simulations of dynamic systems to determine solution space for new UAS designs
- Knowledge of FAA airworthiness certification and flight testing of new UAS
- Background in flight safety systems
- Experience with production environment and low-volume manufacturing
- <10% travel is anticipated for this position
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.