Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
Aevum is seeking an Accounting Manager who will perform all aspects of accounting and provide strategic financial planning and cash flow management. The Accounting Manager must have market research experience. The Accounting Manager supports the executive management team as requested and reports directly to the CEO.
The ideal candidate is academically astute, inquisitive and relentlessly focused on mission success. This is a fast-paced, mid-level career position. Prior relevant experience is necessary, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated success working in a tech company. Startup experience is preferred.
Aevum’s timelines are aggressive and our Accounting Manager will be asked to work hard as necessary. Aevum’s ideal candidate is passionate about making the world better, is a self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of the company's financial position and provide strategic planning support to the executive management team
- Perform account analysis and reporting for each close period.
- Manage and maintain various accounts of the company to ensure the accuracy of statements of income, cash flow, and balance sheet
- Develop opinions on the accuracy of financial reports for evaluating and testing internal controls
- Review and analyze valuation calculation to support negotiated transactions
- Manage payroll
- Manage banking and ensure the availability of department budgets as directed by the CEO
- Perform market analysis and compile insight reports for executives as needed
- Prepare and file taxes; help with tax planning and compliance
- Develop strategies to reduce costs and enhance revenue
- Perform other duties as assigned
Limited amount of travel may be requested for this position (<10%)
Aevum prioritizes the safety of our employees and their families. Therefore, Aevum employees will be required to work remotely as much as possible. During this time, Aevum will also restrict travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, marketing, business administration or related field.
- 6+ years of professional finance experience
- Expert proficiency with excel
- Ability to pull together highly effective, accurate market reports to provide rapid insight to decision makers
- Deadline mentality, high attention to detail, tech savvy, passion for building things that scale
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimum supervision
- Prior experience managing accounting at a tech startup
- Demonstrated ability to be trusted with confidential, classified, proprietary, or export-controlled information/data.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- CPA a plus
- Ability to analyze high volume of transactions/data
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative and the ability to be a self-starter
- As needed, must be willing to work extended hours and occasional weekends.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.