Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
Aevum's Advanced Instrumentation Unit (AIU) team in the Department of Autonomous Technologies is charged with design, development, test, production, delivery, and maintenance of the avionics, technologies, and software of Aevum's autonomous flight and automation systems, such as the Ravn X autonomous launch vehicle (AuLV) and Aether Transport System, in support of Aevum's space transport services including space launch.
The AIU team is seeking a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer to lead the design, development, and testing of software that is used to fly and operate the Ravn X autonomous launch vehicle (AuLV). You will engage with other Aevum engineers to define requirements, software architecture, and engineer code that's highly reliable and flight safe in order to make Ravn X flight a reality. You will be the responsible engineer for the complete life-cycle of the software that you develop.
The Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer reports directly to the Chief Engineer of Ravn X.
The ideal candidate is academically astute, inquisitive and relentlessly focused on mission success. This is a fast-paced, mid- to senior- level career position. Prior relevant experience is necessary, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated success working with a multi-disciplinary, highly technical teams.
Aevum’s timelines are aggressive and our Software Engineer is expected to work hard as necessary. Aevum’s ideal candidate is passionate about making the world better, is a self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Work closely with avionics engineers to develop a highly reliable flight system (hardware and software)
- Develop highly reliable flight software
- Rapidly prototype software to validate design concepts and determine technical requirements
- Write Linux-based software for embedded processors (ARM, PowerPC, x86)
Limited amount of travel may be required to support flight tests and space launch operations.
Aevum prioritizes the safety of our employees and their families. Therefore, Aevum employees will be required to work remotely as much as possible. During this time, Aevum will also restrict travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or technical related field and 4+ years of experience in systems C (kernels, device drivers, hypervisors)
- OR 6+ years of experience in systems C (kernels, device drivers, hypervisors)
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Experience writing Linux kernel code for real-time systems
- Fluency in POSIX shell script
- Python experience
- Experience with real-time products that require high reliability and fault tolerance
- Demonstrated ability to be trusted with confidential, classified, proprietary, or export-controlled information/data
- Strong knowledge of systems, computer architecture, software development, networking, and hardware/electronics
- As needed, must be willing to work extended hours and occasional weekends.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.