Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
The Expendable Rocket Vehicles (ERV) Team
The ERV team of the Ravn X department of Aevum designs, develops, launches, and maintains the expendable rocket vehicles of the Ravn X autonomous launch vehicle (AuLV), namely the Stages Two and Three. The Expandable Rocket Vehicle-A (ERV-A) is the first rocket vehicle developed for this system and our department has the objective of delivering ERV-A to the Space Logistics department within budget and schedule in order to be able to launch satellites into low Earth orbit.
The ERV team is seeking a structural engineer capable of developing metallic and non-metallic aerospace structures with strong knowledge of classical methods as well as FEM analysis.
Aevum structural engineers are responsible for all activities associated with their assigned structural component(s) from concept designs through detail analysis, building and finally testing before delivering their components to the Space Logistics department.
The structural engineer responsibilities include conceptualizing, designing, analyzing the components they are responsible for, as well as coordinating with manufacturing and testing engineers. The structural engineer is an integral part of the ERV team and collaborates well with other structural engineers, systems engineers, electrical engineers as well as with technicians and operators as the role requires. The structural engineer participates in internal reviews of his own system or others, brings constructive feedback and new ideas in the ERV team and delivers necessary rationale in order to support them.
The structural engineer supports external reviews and provides proper support to the upper management team as requested.
The structural engineer reports directly to the AEVUM ERV-A Chief Engineer.
The ideal candidate is academically astute, inquisitive and relentlessly focused on mission success. This is a fast-paced, mid-level career position. Prior relevant experience is necessary, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated success working with a multi-disciplinary, highly technical teams.
The attitude we’re looking for is “everybody sweeps the floors”.
Aevum’s development timelines are aggressive and you’ll be asked to work hard as necessary. Our ideal candidate is passionate about making the world better, is a self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Conceptualize, perform detailed design and analysis and issue drawings for the components assigned.
- Collaborate well with internal and external customers. Serve as the primary POC for all things related to your components.
- Work closely with vehicle, other system and subsystem IPTs and perform all trade studies, requirements traceability, verification and validation for your components and systems.
- Develop and present as requested complex technical information and data related to your systems.
- Identify and characterize mission risk, vehicle risk, and delivery dates for all of your components.
- Support as necessary the generation of range safety and range related documentation pertaining to your components.
- Provide as necessary for your components data required to obtain the regulatory approvals and licenses to launch on-time (FAA, FCC, range, DOT, etc.)
- Work with the Aevum’s Mission Operations team to develop operational plans, procedures and processes for launch operations
- Provide regular input for the Integrated Master Schedule.
- Support customer reviews as requested by the upper management.
- Support as requested the payload-to-launch vehicle integration meetings; develop and own the Interface Control Document (ICD) for your components.
- Lead occasionally and as requested small teams that support and collaborate in order to deliver components related to your activity. Ensure a professional work attitude in all activities where you are present.
- Prepare for and chair mission reviews with internal and external customers as requested.
- Regularly check-in with rocket production to ensure that your hardware is on-schedule.
- Coordinate with ERV-A Chief Engineer to ensure that your challenges and successes are well socialized and the team is transparent in all its activities including yours.
- Participate in all meetings you are requested and always maintain a professional attitude towards everybody within Aevum.
Limited amount of travel may be requested for this position.
Aevum prioritizes the safety of our employees and their families. Therefore, Aevum employees will be required to work remotely as much as possible. During this time, Aevum will also restrict travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong command of CAD tools (Solidworks, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of structural hand calculation methods.
- Strong knowledge of FEM theory and practice. Ansys preferred.
- Good understanding of GD&T as well as manufacturing of metallic and non-metallic structures.
- Prior experience working with space systems, launch vehicles, spacecraft, or hardware/software technical projects.
- Master’s degree in mechanical or structural engineering field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams and a complex set of requirements
- Demonstrated ability to be trusted with confidential, classified, proprietary, or export-controlled information/data
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (~10%)
- As needed, must be willing to work extended hours and occasional weekends to ensure that the mission is on time and that Aevum customers are properly supported.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.