Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
Aevum is seeking an HR generalist with outstanding analytical and social skills. An HR generalist is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict-management skills. This candidate will have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
HR generalists should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. Top candidates will be comfortable managing grey areas, effective at scheduling, methodical in the recruitment process and data-driven.
The ideal candidate is academically astute, inquisitive and relentlessly focused on mission success. This is a fast-paced, early career position. Prior relevant experience is necessary. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated success working with a multi-disciplinary, highly technical teams.
Aevum’s timelines are aggressive and our HR generalist will be asked to work hard as necessary. Aevum’s ideal candidate is passionate about making the world better, is a self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- assist in talent acquisition and recruitment process
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics and resolve any issues that may arise
- Assist with all internal and external HR related policies
- Assist with performance reviews
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Assist with the recruitment process by helping to identify candidates, conduct reference checks and complete onboarding new hires. Collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Organize and manage employee records and develop and maintain a consistent system for employee data
- Keep up-to-date with the latest in HR trends and best practices
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
No travel is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related
- Minimum of 3 years of HR, operations, or recruiting experience; tech startup experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment types
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and relevant HR Software
- Previous HR experience in tech industry.
- Demonstrated ability to be trusted with confidential, classified, proprietary, or export-controlled information/data.
- SHRM-CP is a plus
$52,000 to $100,000
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.