Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research and product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Aetion plays a critical role in ensuring Aetion’s financial and operational success, helping leadership optimize decision making by focusing on strategy, analytics, and process improvement to drive execution.
As an FP&A Manager, you will partner with business stakeholders cross functionally to drive reporting, forecasting, and budgeting decisions. We are searching for a detail oriented, analytically minded individual who is comfortable with creating and interpreting financial models. As you develop in this role and become a strategic advisor to the business, you will also have opportunities beyond everyday reporting to sharpen your executive communication skills and address complex business problems on a global scale.
This role will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Support the business on financial planning and performance management, including monthly forecasting and the annual zero based budgeting process
- Analyze financial results relative to budget and provide commentary for management review
- Create ad hoc analyses to support the business, from explanation of trends to business case assessments
- Partner with leadership cross-functionally to facilitate data liquidity and insights to promote favorable financial results
- Assist with preparation of financial performance presentations to leadership team, including the Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative coursework (e.g. Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting), or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant, applied experience in FP&A, investment banking, or consulting roles — focused on delivering quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets power user capable of complex financial modeling
- Effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
- Ability to work through ambiguity and solve complex problems
- Technology and/or healthcare industry experience
- SQL proficiency to analyze data at scale
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Proficiency in NetSuite & Workday Adaptive Planning
- Public company experience
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.