Senior Data Scientist (Replica Analytics was recently acquired by Aetion)
About the role:
Working at Replica Analytics is a unique opportunity to advance health care, AI and privacy at the same time – three of the hottest topics in the world today. The Data Science team works to research and develop new statistical and machine learning methods for the generation and assessment of synthetic data as well as providing consulting services to clients. If you enjoy a highly interdisciplinary, innovative and supportive environment, this may be the right job for you.
We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist to:
- Maintain and improve existing production and quality control pipelines for synthetic data deliverables
- Communicate and coordinate with clients on data synthesis deliveries
- Participate in client education on data synthesis technologies.
- Contribute to the development of new technologies for data synthesis using a wide variety of machine learning methods; investigate various research topics in machine learning and statistics to determine the best method for data synthesis
- Contribute to the implementation and testing of production and research pipelines in Python and R as well as other languages
- Contribute to the dissemination of research results in the form of peer-reviewed papers, reports, and presentations
We are looking for individuals to proactively manage and schedule projects for the Data Science team. That individual has or is:
- A BSc/MSc/PhD degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or electrical engineering
- 1-3 years of work experience (1 year for candidates with a PhD, 2 years for candidates with an MSc, 3 years for candidates with a BSc)
- Demonstrated an ability for conducting statistical and machine learning research (in the form of a thesis, publications, or side projects) and to independently solve problems
- Proficient in Python or R programming for data science (data cleaning/pre-processing, classification and regression, model evaluation, data visualization, writing and applying custom functions, parallelization)
- Deep learning experience with PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and oral)
- Motivated to learn and apply new machine learning methods to solve real-life problems
- Experience working with health care data
- Knowledge of SAS and SAS programming is a plus
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, and 401(k) match
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.