About the role:
Working at Replica Analytics (recently acquired by Aetion) is a unique opportunity to advance health care, AI and privacy at the same time – three of the hottest topics in the world today. Our Replica Synthesis engineering group is responsible for all aspects of our flagship product including design, development, deployment, and operation. Replica Synthesis is a distributed application that allows our users to generate synthetic data either through our API or UI. If you enjoy a highly interdisciplinary, innovative and supportive environment, this may be the right job for you.
We are hiring software engineers to:
- Design and implement improvements to our Synthesis API and Engine
- Design and implement new features for our Synthesis API and Engine
- Design and implement backend services for data ingestion and output
- Measure and optimize processing performance of the Synthesis Engine
We are looking for individuals to develop robust, scalable, and maintainable production software. We are looking for a:
- Self-starter with experience developing scalable backend software services and APIs.
- Designer with knowledge of microservices architecture and interaction patterns).
- Strong communicator with the ability to express software design ideas.
- Strong interest in working with a remote team and a willingness to ask questions and share information with the rest of the team.
- Dedication to detailed testing and delivering high quality software.
A Software Engineer at Replica Analytics usually has experience in the following areas:
- Implementing microservices on at least one backend stack, ideally Python
- Designing and implementing REST APIs
- Evaluating open-source frameworks and integrating them into products
- Data processing frameworks, such as Pandas or Modin
- Implementing parallel processing in Python
- Automated software testing (unit, integration, behaviour)
- Deploying software services using Docker
- (Bonus) Working with statistical and machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, LGBM and PyTorch
- (Bonus) Working with scalable computing frameworks such as Ray or Spark
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, and 401(k) match
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.