Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research and product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Aetion is seeking a consultative sales professional to serve as customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers. This role will lead our customer outreach efforts and coordinate prospective client interactions within the MD&D (Medical Device & Diagnostics) market as well as EBP (Emerging BioPharma) market.
This is a hunter role! You will be responsible for scrubbing leads, properly identifying key purchasing decision-makers, and reaching out to them via phone, email, direct marketing campaigns. You will qualify active leads and convert prospects into active buying customers.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Researching accounts, identifying key players and generating interest
- Maintaining and expanding your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Prospect, identify and generate qualified growth leads in the Emerging Biopharma and Medical Diagnostics & Devices sector.
- Help drive early engagement at key accounts with key stakeholders at the direction of Sales Management.
- Utilize CRM and other sales tracking tools to maintain business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Promote client products with customers using effective selling skills, active listening, proper terminology, approved product messaging, and approved promotional materials.
- Develop and update account plans to identify potential opportunities
- Participate in Growth team meetings and sales trainings/meetings (when required).
- Work at the direction of Sales leadership to profile and map key account stakeholders.
- Under the leadership of Sales Management, continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Support sales by attending trade shows and industry conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required
- Ability to:
- Successfully complete client training and meet training expectations
- Work a schedule that accommodates potentially different time zones
- Travel to work related meetings and functions as needed (including overnight and/or weekend)
- Proficient technical aptitude with computer technology and devices (e.g. Microsoft Office, CRM experience, iPad, apps, etc.)
- A strong track record of exceeding goals, leadership and client management
- Experience selling in the RWE/RWD space
- Enterprise level software selling experience
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to work cross functionally and in team selling environments
- Successful track record prospecting new business
- Consultative sales skills
- B2B virtual/inside sales experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with a track record of success and an ability to drive sales in a matrix environment
- Self-motivated, disciplined self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Expertise in identifying opportunities and growing sales in assigned territory
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and work effectively on various assignments
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills including; verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal and active listening skills
- Clear, articulate, and grammatically sound speech
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Strong learning agility with an ability to learn, understand and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.