Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies worldwide and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission, we are expanding our new, rapidly growing European team who will play a significant role in our growth strategy and global expansion. Joining the company in a rapid growth phase is a great opportunity for you to increase your visibility at the workplace and have a high impact on our business development. We are creating a team of cross-functional, talented and passionate individuals. Are you ready to join our fast-paced adventure and make a difference in people’s lives?
If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
As Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a critical and senior member of Aetion’s engineering organization. As Aetion’s products continue to scale, we are writing the next chapter in our ability to innovate and operate with efficiency and maturity. You will be an instrumental part of us continuing down this path.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will own Aetion’s infrastructure which is cloud-based, containerized, and managed through Infrastructure as Code (IaC). You will split your time between engineering projects (maturing our infrastructure and automation) and supporting day to day operations (such as provisioning infrastructure and providing production support). The team has great things in place but also has strong ambitions about what else we want to achieve.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining Aetion’s infrastructure with an eye toward simplicity, innovation, automation, reliability, scalability, security, cost effectiveness, and ease of support.
- Building and maintaining Aetion’s development and deployment pipelines, supporting CI/CD and long-term-stable testing and release cycles.
- Performing delivery and production support tasks, continually streamlining automation and processes to improve our maturity and efficiency.
- Providing technical leadership on projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or Software Engineering roles.
- 4+ years experience developing in Golang, Python, or other programming languages.
- 2+ years experience in IaC tools and languages such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or Helm.
- 2+ years experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Flexibility to both improve what we have in motion and to innovate on new capabilities.
- Ability to take a lead role in complex engineering projects.
- Exposure to distributed systems and CI/CD (Jenkins).
- Experience with containerized workloads (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with Computer Networking.
- Experience with Java debugging, tracing, and profiling.
- Experience with provisioning of NoSQL databases, big data platforms, and relational databases.
- Experience working in an agile Scrum environment.
- Experience in the healthcare industry or other field where information security is a concern.
About Aetion’s Site Reliability Engineering Team:
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in US international organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, HIMSS and European Medicine Agency.
- Located in the US and expanding to European offices with EU headquarters in Barcelona (Spain).
- Social and energetic office – with a modern layout, and a kitchen with eating/social area and awesome terrace.
- Competitive salaries, company ownership stock options, private health insurance, Headspace premium account
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.