Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies worldwide and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission, we are expanding our new, rapidly growing European team who will play a significant role in our growth strategy and global expansion. Joining the company in a rapid growth phase is a great opportunity for you to increase your visibility at the workplace and have a high impact on our business development. We are creating a team of cross-functional, talented and passionate individuals. Are you ready to join our fast-paced adventure and make a difference in people’s lives?
If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Fullstack Engineer is one of the critical leaders of our Platform Engineering team in creating modular, scalable and efficient client web applications.
As a member of a rapidly expanding organization, our Fullstack Engineer will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and collaborate with other highly effective individuals.
Defining the problem, playing a key role in designing a solution and executing to achieve results is crucial. This is a challenging role that offers a great opportunity to learn and make a difference by helping expand the use of Aetion.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Develop highly performant and scalable components able to handle large amounts of data
- Assess where we need to build custom UI components versus externally available libraries
- Collaborate closely with our product, design and science teams to understand the needs of our clients
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience as a full stack or front end developer, along with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep expertise working with a client facing web stack (ideally React)
- Experience with Java or similar object-oriented programming language
- In-depth knowledge of RESTful API design
- Have product sense to drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity
- High proficiency with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or similar
- Experience working with distributed, service oriented systems
- Experience in performance optimization
- Agile Methodology experience including extreme programming (XP) practices, such as pair programming and TDD/BDD
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in US international organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, HIMSS and European Medicine Agency.
- Located in the US and expanding to European offices with EU headquarters in Barcelona (Spain).
- Social and energetic office – with a modern layout, and a kitchen with eating/social area and awesome terrace.
- Competitive salaries, company ownership stock options, private health insurance, Headspace premium account
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.