Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research and product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a highly-skilled and dynamic attorney to join our growing Legal & Regulatory team. This individual will provide critical commercial, intellectual property and general legal support across the company on a broad range of matters including commercial contracts, intellectual property, data governance, information security, privacy, technology licensing, corporate transactions and compliance. The Senior IP and Commercial Counsel will report to the General Counsel.
The following duties include, but are not limited to...
- Assist with customer, licensing, partnership and collaboration agreements.
- Support the Technology Team with vendor related agreements
- Partner with the Product and Technology leadership teams to identify and protect existing and new intellectual property, including new patent opportunities
- Lead the full contracting cycle for general IP related and commercial agreements (drafting, reviewing, negotiating), including master services, SaaS, vendor, consulting, data rights and use, and non-disclosure agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary.
- Provide practical, creative and effective legal advice to internal partners on a wide array of general business and contractual issues.
- Design new processes or templates and execute change where warranted to reflect Aetion’s new and evolving products and services.
- Support the company’s legal requirements as it expands internationally, primarily in key European markets
- Other responsibilities as needed to support a dynamic, rapidly-scaling company.
- J.D. or non-U.S. equivalent plus an LLM in US law from an ABA accredited law school, and a member in good standing of a state bar
- 6+ years of relevant experience practicing law at a law firm and/or in house
- Highly developed legal drafting, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to distill and present complex legal matters in a clear and concise manner in communication with different internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in ambiguous situations and a willingness to seek additional input when needed; ability to think about legal issues in a practical and interdisciplinary manner with a focus on solutions.
- Ability to set up and handle multiple priorities, manage and track the timelines and completion of multiple projects, and work under deadlines.
- Equally adept at working independently and collaborating with others; self-motivation and willingness to take on responsibility and drive results is a must
- Ability to work closely with all Aetion team members, including senior team members, particularly in the Technology and Product functions
- Understanding of a high-growth tech company environment
- Experience negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, ideally including data contracts
- Experience with and subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: health care law and regulations (e.g. HIPAA, FDA), commercial/contract law, data privacy, information security, intellectual property, technology licensing and/or corporate transactions support
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with a strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity and engender trust at all levels of an organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Team player with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients, and business teams across the enterprise
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
○ Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
○ Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
○ Parity.org’s 2021 Best Companies for Women to Advance
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.