Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research and product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced consultative sales professional to grow new business within assigned accounts. You will serve as their strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with the customer and prospects. You will lead and coordinate all Aetion client business development interactions for the team. You will partner with cross functional colleagues to drive solution development that meet complex client business issues.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies and solutions that address complex client issues.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations.
- Actively prospect within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
- Work with cross-functional support teams to prepare and lead client interactions and sales presentations. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and techniques needed to close the sale.
- Manage and assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses.
- Utilize SFDC and other tools to maintain business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Support sales by attending trade shows and industry conferences.
- Client Relationship Management - principal owner of client engagements to the medical affairs, real-world evidence, brand and commercial functions, and clinical development.
- Build and integrate on an annual account plan for key clients to drive internal alignment and revenue growth.
Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop custom solutions at the CEO/CMO/SVP level (ideally providing comprehensive and authoritative knowledge in RWE/brand/commercial services solutions demonstrated through speaking, writing, and general eminence).
Communications/Executive Presence - Expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to target audience with the gravitas to build relationships to sell software and services.
Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on industry, client and competitive trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements and business/client development activities.
Cooperative Teamwork - Builds supportive relationships within a team, based on trust and respect. Requires listening to others, adapting to different work styles and focuses on shared goals. Willing to challenge others and accepts challenges as a way of getting the best results for the team.
Customer Focus - Develops strong, lasting relationships with clients. Possesses desire to understand and satisfy customers’ needs and exceed expectations whenever possible.
Decision-Making - Makes clear and appropriate decisions. Performs with incomplete or ambiguous information, and while under time pressure. Resilience in making unpopular decisions when necessary and taking responsibility for outcomes and impacts of those decisions.
Influencing - Balances the need to shape outcomes in short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate and inspire to achieve a common goal and demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics. Uses personal and professional contacts to influence people across teams or organizations.
Innovation - Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations and enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
Strategic Vision - Creates a clear view of the future of the business. Considers the long-term goals of the organization and defines the strategy to achieve this. Takes into account the current environment in which the business operates and anticipates future changes or challenges for the organization.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or equivalent.
- A strong sales track record.
- At least 10 years professional experience in enterprise selling or consulting in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with evidence of career progression.
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries.
- A willingness and ability to travel to client locations.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.