Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Scientific Recruiter will join an energized People team at a pivotal time in Aetion’s growth. In this role you will be a key member of the Talent Acquisition team and will own full life cycle recruitment for open roles on Aetion’s scientific engagement and delivery team as well as support pipeline development, sourcing, screening, interviewing, offer/negotiations and onboarding initiatives. Successful candidates will be hungry to learn about our fast growing tech enabled services business and eagerly share our compelling vision with candidates.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Attract candidates through creative sourcing methods including external job boards, internal and external databases, and building a vast referral network within industry organizations.
- Identify and attend relevant industry job/career fairs and connect with career services at colleges and universities to promote the Aetion brand and attract candidates to entry level positions.
- Drive creating sourcing techniques (referrals, user groups, niche networks, etc.) to help deepen both passive and active candidate pools.
- Qualify prospective candidates via resume review, phone screens and in-person interviews to assess skills and determine potential job matches.
- Manage the communication process with candidates and ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience from initial contact all the way through closing and negotiation conversations.
- Efficiently document recruiting activity metrics in our ATS Greenhouse.
- Support process improvement to enable efficiencies in the recruitment process.
- Partner with Science & Delivery hiring managers to determine what a successful candidate profile entails and translate into an effective recruitment strategy.
- Develop and maintain open communication and relationships with internal people team and hiring managers by delivering high levels of customer service.
- Team up with people and finance team to develop competitive and equitable offer packages for candidates that align with internal budgets and forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, or other related field
- 2+ years of experience recruiting scientific talent (i.e. epidemiologists, biostatisticians, data scientists, bench/lab scientists, clinical researchers, research assistants etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in an inhouse recruiting environment or a staffing agency setting for a life science or health care organization
- 2+ years of experience performing advanced internet search/sourcing activities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional ability to tell the company’s story in a way that speaks to a job seeker’s motivation, career goals and interests.
- Self starter with motivation and initiative to drive deliverables forward
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Sincere interest in learning about the business of health care; eager to improve processes and productivity
- Can readily/swiftly navigate through change and ambiguity in our hyper growth environment and remain adaptable to quickly respond to emergent requests
- Ability to prioritize time effectively to meet multiple objectives
- Solutions oriented to solve business problems with minimal oversight
- Adept in working across functional areas/collaborators
- Ability to leverage data and market insights to drive recruiting strategy
- Proven experience in building and managing a diverse candidate pipeline
- Technology: experience with ATS systems (ex: Greenhouse), recruiting tools (i.e. LinkedIn Recruiter) and Google Suite
- Human Resources, Sourcing or Recruiting related certification
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2021 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 The Digital Health Startups Transforming The Future Of Healthcare
- 2020 Databricks Data Team for Good Award
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.