Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research and product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science and data driven health care analytics company, Aetion is looking for data specialists to join our growing Data Integration team. The specialist will be an active individual contributor in data projects and will engage with and support activities internally involving review of data sources, connection of data to the Aetion platform, improvement of data-related processes, and contribution of expertise around data and specific research databases. The ideal candidate will work individually and as part of cross-functional teams in a stimulating environment founded and led by scientific and industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development and growth. The Analyst may have additional responsibilities in process development and mentoring.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop an understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform, Aetion’s measurement system and approach to modeling research data, and the process of connecting data to the platform, with regular support and input from senior team members.
- Develop and provide health care data expertise to internal Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various health care databases.
- Explore and transform data consistent with existing data models for platform integration. Validate database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Transfer knowledge and understanding of data and the platform to teammates through 1:1 discussions, documentation development and written communications, and delivery of training sessions and presentations.
- Develop, with support from senior team members, innovative solutions and approaches and apply them in specification documents and code.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets such as material on data sources, process documentation, and training curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in sciences, social sciences, or a related analytic field.
- A minimum of one year experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- A minimum of one year experience using SQL programming for manipulation and processing of relational databases.
- Experience with cross-functional teams a plus.
- Experience with R, Python and/or other statistical software and programming languages.
- Strong understanding of relational data, data aggregation methods, and use of health care data for medical research; ability to communicate and document related logic in various forms, including visualization, user guides, data dictionaries, and training material.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form.
- Eager to “get things right.”
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.