While we may not have a specific role open today, we are still interested in building strong relationships with software engineering candidates for future opportunities at our offices in New York City and Barcelona, Spain. If you are interested in working with our technology team, please fill out an Engineer prospect application and we are excited to keep in touch. A grade level and salary range will be provided after alignment with an open position.
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Engineering Team
Our team is working on a full stack rapid-cycle analytic application handling large amounts of data (10+ million patient records). The team works on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity. We collaborate cross-functionally to develop transformation logic against disparate datasets into Aetion's proprietary format, which is in SQL and Scala UDF and executed over a Spark cluster. We also utilize Spark/Databricks and a combination of Java/Scala to develop our data ingestion infrastructure. Check out our full tech stack below!
- Version Control: Github
- Language: Java (JDK 8), Python, Scala, SQL
- Big Data Processing: Apache Spark, Databricks, Airflow
- Framework: Dropwizard, REACT, Spring, Hibernate
- Database: MySQL, RedShift,
- Build Tools: Maven, Sbt, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Container: Docker
- Operating System: Linux
- IDE: IntelliJ
- Configuration Tools: Chef, Terraform
Kindly Please Note! If you submit your application today, we will review your candidacy and reach out when a role becomes available!
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer a sabbatical after five years, competitive benefits such as 16 weeks parental leave from day one, stock options, and unlimited PTO.
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.