Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Senior Business Analyst will play a critical role in the growth and success of Aetion as we deliver on our mission to power critical decisions in health care with data science driven technology. The analyst will support the expanding Growth team to maximize their impact and ensure Aetion’s commercial success. This individual will work closely with the Chief Growth Officer to help identify and evaluate new business opportunities. This will include the development of strategic meeting content, competitive landscape monitoring, and sales operations management. The Senior Business Analyst will work cross-functionally with the Aetion Marketing, Labs, and Finance teams.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct landscape assessments of customer segments to identify new business opportunities
- Thorough competitive intelligence analysis and reporting, including but not limited to, investor meetings, conference materials, and trial and pipeline information
- Organize, prepare and deliver targeted results from multiple information sources in various formats and deliver to different audiences
- Evaluate and recommend new information sources
- Provide operational support to Growth team leadership
- Ensure proper documentation and tracking of leads / contacts generated from conferences and other Growth events
- Manage business development preparation process including collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop content and agendas
- Support Growth strategy and broader organizational initiatives
- 1+ years of experience in a similar pharma research analyst/competitive intelligence role in industry, management consulting, or at a vendor
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, development, safety signal reporting, pipeline analysis
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into targeted opportunities for the Growth team
- Proven ability to interpret large data sets and communicate opportunities
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Extremely detailed oriented with ability to maintain strategic focus as managing competing priorities
- Highly proficient in GSuite; Experience in Salesforce a plus
- Strong relationship building/interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with on-going change and working in the grey areas
- Travel as required - ability to cover meetings and conference reporting in person
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meet-ups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the law.