Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
You are a roll up your sleeves, hands on security advocate that is driven to implement effective process and technology to rapidly improve the security posture of an organization. You know how to identify and remediate infrastructure and software vulnerabilities through the effective deployment and administration of security tools. As a security advocate, you are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly hunting for threats to an organization, particularly a company that was born and continues to operate in the Cloud.
In this role, you will also be working very closely with Aetion employees and contractors providing an exceptional end user experience. Exceptional support includes deploying MacBooks and productivity platforms to new hires, providing training and help resolve desktop incidents.
To be successful in this role, you have to have a hard charging mentality and confidence in your technical abilities to rapidly improve a security organization. You understand that your expertise and tenacity in infrastructure technology, SDLC, security control frameworks, Cloud Services and end user support are invaluable skills. If you are seeking an opportunity to be a key cog in a team that wants to build a highly effective security organization for a rapidly growing big data and analytics healthcare company than this is the role for you.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the on-boarding and orientation process for new hires, including training on the use of the Aetion technology platform (e.g. MacBook, email, etc.) and security awareness
- Manage complete identity lifecycle of users through Okta Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform
- Mac hardware and software support for employees, including C-Level Executives
- Administration of G-Suite, Anti-Virus, Mac Patch management, DLP, and SIEM consoles
- Review system alerts, and log files to identify, respond and resolve security incidents
- Experience with administering security tools including Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM), Identity and Access Management (IAM) platforms, Vulnerability Scanners, Code Scanners and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
- Maintain inventory database, assign hardware and software assets, and manage warranty and service agreement information.
- Strong familiarity with G-Suite, Google Services and Amazon Web Services with a focus on the security capabilities of these platforms such as DLP, Cloud Watch, and Inspector
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex Mac hardware and software issues with a primary focus on the security of these devices.
- Be available as needed and provide “White Glove” technical support to onsite and remote C-Level Executives.
- Possesses the ability to drive projects to conclusion, while collaborating with a diverse group of professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Able to collect, synthesize, and analyze data from multiple outputs, including computer log sources to draw valid conclusions.
- Minimum 4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving complex Mac hardware and software issues and in-depth experience working with various versions of the Mac operating system.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing and delivering security enhancement projects
- Core competencies for this role include: written communication, process management, managing and measuring work, interpersonal savvy, perseverance, and functional/ technical skills across multiple security domains
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certification preferred.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.