Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our Systems Engineering (DevOps) team who has experience building and scaling services in a cloud environment. You’ll be working with an existing team of six divided into SRE and Platform engineers while reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager.
You will be expected to further advance the existing inroads Aetion has made over the past year to improve its infrastructure while moving to DevOps as well as its current focus to practice DevSecOps.
You will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas including but not limited to advancing and pushing existing efforts in the areas of security, configuration management, infrastructure automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment as well as mentoring junior engineers on the team and across other engineering teams.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering practicing DevOps
- High School Diploma, College degrees are preferred but experience, a respectable attitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge with others is required
- Communication skills to function at the intersection with other teams, esp. commercial (e.g., regarding actual customer requirements ) and science & analytics (e.g., regarding description of scientific / analytical basis of requirements of software)
- Approaches infrastructure architecture from a design driven standpoint with security, reliability and scalability as its core
- Ability to develop in either Python or Bash. Java or Scala are desirable plusses
- First-hand experience with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, AWS ECS, Terraform
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog or New Relic
- Experience with security tools such as AWS Inspector and CloudSploit
- Experience with implementation of security protocols such as HiTrust
- Developing automation frameworks for other development teams
- Worked with SQL and NoSQL Databases such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Demonstrable background in building and scaling AWS infrastructure; specifically with AWS ECS, S3, Route53, and RDS
- Detailed understanding of the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment tooling such as Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline Suite and etc
- In-depth experience solving complex issues on Linux systems, and/or within the JVM
- Experience with source control systems such as git or svn
About Aetion’s Systems Engineering Team:
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the law.