Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, the Director, FP&A will collaborate directly with heads of each operating unit, projecting and analyzing all facets of Aetion revenue and expense, with the objective to improve accuracy of projections, increase transparency throughout the organization, and inform product planning and corporate development initiatives. This dynamic and highly motivated Director will be responsible for creating and interpreting complex financial models that are critical to Aetion’s operations.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Supporting the strategic financial direction of the company
- Directing and coordinating financial planning and budget management functions
- Tracking and analyzing monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasting and financial reporting
- Providing detailed reporting analytics, emphasizing actual performance vs budget forecasts
- Establishing consistent and standardized financial assessment and trend analysis of the company's operations
- Preparing and presenting financial performance metrics to executive management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of prior related experience
- Experience building complex operating model and dashboards to drive investment and operating decisions
- Perform due diligence and execution for M&A and financing transactions
- Prepares material for board of directors, c-suite, and investor relation activities
- Prepared financial reporting analysis shared on a company-wide basis and led budget meetings with all team leads
- Managed financial budgeting process
- Built, managed and updated all financial models
- Built from scratch new templates to effectively compare forecasts to actuals of revenues and costs
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, STATA
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meet-ups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the law.