Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The VP, Safety will be responsible for developing and leading Aetion’s safety offering. The person in this role will be accountable for design and execution of a solution built upon Aetion Evidence Platform that addresses key problems for pharmaceutical companies’ safety obligations, including (a) support of product development; (b) detection of safety signals; (c) fulfillment of post-marketing safety requirements in the US and Europe; and (d) rapid response to regulatory inquiries.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Working with other team members to identify and source data relevant data to support the solution
- Working with the technology team as a subject matter expert (SME) to oversee design and build of any required Platform extensions
- Working with the sales team to identify and capitalize on opportunities to sell the solution to new or existing customers, providing the necessary leadership and support for go-to-market strategy and sales support (including primary outreach) to grow the solution to >$20M per year in annual recurring revenue
- Successfully managing the solution P&L, including meeting profitability and gross margin targets identified jointly with the Chief Solutions Officer
- Reviewing and approving accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Continually developing the solution as new needs are identified from customers or through safety activities for US and ex-US regulatory agencies and/or post-market safety monitoring
- Serving as safety and pharmacovigilance SME in interactions with regulatory agencies, clients and partners
- Leading team members to achieve business objectives and personal development goals
- Developing and communicating the expectation levels and vision of the company to members of unit.
- Coordinate with other heads of departments, integrating objectives and ideas for organizational growth.
- Providing thought leadership through activities such as conference presentations and publications.
- Graduate degree (MS, MD, PhD, etc.)
- >15 years of Pharmacovigilance or Safety experience
- 10+ years management experience, with experience in a leadership role within a highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to manage revenue growth including sales support
- Global Pharma Safety experience
- Strong leadership and influence management skills
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of commercial and R&D organizations and how Medical Affairs spans and supports those organizations within pharma and life sciences
- Ability to provide strategic advice and solution sales support. Strongly prefer candidates with previous revenue generations experience
- Ability to innovate and implement fit for purpose solutions
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the law.