Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a results-oriented, self-motivated Senior QA Automation Engineer who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This person will be reporting to Director of QA, and be responsible for performing a variety of QA engineering tasks including the design and development of test automation frameworks, coding and executing automated test scripts and web application testing and performance testing. This role requires collaboration with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to understand the business/product requirements and facilitate the design and development of test automation.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build, recommend and maintain appropriate frameworks to automate test scenarios.
- Convert manual regression scenarios to automated test cases.
- Ensure that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably in the CI/CD environments.
- Work as a member of an Agile SCRUM team delivering high-quality software in two-week sprints
- Collaborate with product owners to understand requirements, new features and resolve issues
- Contribute to the success of the Scrum team through active and collaborative participation in sprint planning, daily scrums, and sprint retrospectives
- Develop an in-depth level of knowledge of the scrum team’s supported products
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Contribute towards team estimation and scheduling process
- Participate in code reviews
- Help diagnose, reproduce and test fixes
- Troubleshoot, stabilize and optimize the existing daily QA automation jobs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Well versed with testing concepts, methodologies, hands on experience in test design, test execution, test reporting in agile environment
- Able to review the user stories, acceptance criteria, design BDD test scenarios, test cases.
- Experience with Test Automation of Web Applications using Selenium (Java) and Cucumber (Gherkin).
- Experience with integrating QA automation as part of a Continuous Integration (CI) process using Jenkins or similar tools.
- Experience working with relational databases and working knowledge of SQL.
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git, SVN or Perforce.
- Hands on experience in IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse IDE, Ant, Maven or any other building tool.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Understanding of object oriented design principles and the Page Object Model
- Experience with service based testing of RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with working in an Agile / Lean environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to present information clearly and effectively.
Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.