To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology.
Aetion is a health care technology company that delivers real-world evidence for life sciences, payers, providers, and regulator agencies. The Aetion Evidence Platform analyzes data from the real world to produce transparent, rapid, and scientifically validated answers on treatments, costs, and outcomes. Founded by Harvard Medical School faculty members with decades of experience in epidemiology and health outcomes research, Aetion informs health care’s most critical decisions — what works best, for whom, and when — to guide treatment development, commercialization, and payment innovation into health care’s modern era.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for an early-career scientist to join our dynamic science team. The scientist will be an active individual contributor in data projects, and will engage with and support activities both internally and with customer organizations involving review of data sources, connection of data to the Aetion platform, improvement of data-related processes, and contribution of expertise around data and specific research databases. The scientist will work individually and as part of the team in a stimulating environment founded and led by scientific and industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development and growth. More experienced individuals may have additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, and mentoring.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform, Aetion’s measurement system and approach to modeling research data, and the process of connecting data to the platform.
- Develop and provide healthcare data expertise to both internal and external Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various health care databases. Validate and document database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Transfer knowledge and understanding of data and the platform to customers and teammates through 1:1 discussions, documentation development and written communications, and delivery of training sessions and presentations.
- Maintain and improve product quality by developing innovative solutions, algorithms, and approaches and applying them in specification documents and code.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets such as support site content, platform libraries, material on data sources, and training curriculum.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Aetion Evidence Platform by actively collecting and cross-functionally addressing user feedback regarding the platform.
- Masters degree or equivalent in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related quantitative science field
- At least one year experience conducting quantitative analyses using a programming language (e.g., SQL, SAS, or R) for manipulation and processing of data
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with health insurance claims/EMR-based databases, disease registries, or real world evidence in healthcare
- Experience with Python or R is preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new analytical and software tools, and computing environments
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the health care industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and Energetic Offices – Our offices have a modern layout, large kitchens and eating/social areas. We have open floor plans with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Locations – We have offices in the heart of Manhattan and Boston with great views of the cities, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Both offices are easily accessible by mass transportation. Our NY office is within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park. Our Boston office is within ten minutes walking distance of South and North Station Commuter Rails, Logan International Airport, and the beautiful Post Office Square and Boston Public Garden.
- Competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.