Aetion is a science-driven healthcare analytics company working with providers, health systems,
medical product manufacturers and other healthcare organizations worldwide. Aetion improves
patients’ health through essential evidence generation from routine healthcare data in rapid
cycles using disruptive technology.
At Aetion, you’ll be working with smart, engaged colleagues who create, seek out, and
implement the most innovative ideas in healthcare analytics. We have an informal, startup-like
culture in which team members at all levels contribute to the work that we do with our product
and with our customers.
The Senior Scientist will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help
Aetion and our customers deliver results through use of the Aetion platform. To do this, the
Senior Scientist will work with our customers to train and mentor them on the use of the Aetion
platform and to drive the initial use and long-term adoption and growth of the Aetion software
platform. This individual will also work on scientific studies (descriptive, comparative
effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for
themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
The Senior Scientist will develop data connection specifications, scientific protocols, scientific
validation studies, knowledge base items, videos, and other key materials, as well as participate
in the delivery of studies on the Aetion platform. S/he will also help to develop and maintain
Aetion’s scientific assets, such as dashboards, study templates and our measure library.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
• Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering
scientific results using the Aetion platform
• Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed
protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies• Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform and measurement system, and
share that understanding with customers and teammates though 1:1 discussion, written
communications and/or delivery of training seminars
• Teach and mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization
• Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, measures in the Aetion
Measure Library (an extensive library of measurements addressing key clinical
conditions) and other deployable scientific components
• Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation, and other learning
materials, in text and video form
• Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support
• Actively collect customer feedback and ensure that feedback is shared with internal
• Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership,
process development, team mentoring and recruiting
• Travel may be required (25% or more)
• MPH, MS or PhD in epidemiology, health services research, health economics or a
• At least 5 years experience in an analytic area within a healthcare or medical products
organization, or equivalent
• Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing
• Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
• Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
• Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities
• Title to be determined by education, experience and other qualifications
• Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and
technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the
Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as
ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
• Socialized and Energetic Offices – Our headquarters are located in the heart of Manhattan
within walking distance of Grand Central and Bryant Park. The Boston office is located in
the Financial District, within ten minutes walking distance of South and North Stations
and Boston Public Garden.
• Ideal Location – We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city,
ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central
and the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.• Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company
ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
• Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.