Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Senior Scientist will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help Aetion and our customer deliver results through use of the Aetion Evidence Platform. To do this, the Senior Scientist will work with our customers to train and mentor them on the use of the AEP and to drive the initial use and long-term adoption and growth of the Aetion software platform. This individual will also work on scientific studies (descriptive, comparative, effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
The Senior Scientist will develop data connection specification, scientific protocols, scientific validation studies, knowledge base items, videos, and other key materials, as well as participate in the delivery of studies on the Aetion platform. S/he will also help to develop and maintain Aetion’s scientific assets, such as dashboards, study templates and our measure library
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using the Aetion platform.
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform and measurement system and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars.
- Teach and mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, measures in the Aetion Measure Library and other deployable scientific components.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation and other learning materials, in text and video form.
- Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system.
- Actively collect customer feedback and ensure information is shared with internal departments.
- Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting.
- Travel may be required (25% or more).
- MPH, MS or PhD in epidemiology, health services research, health economics or a related field
- At least 5 years experience in an analytic area within a healthcare or medical products organization, or equivalent
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone and in writing.
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities.
- Title to be determined by education, experience or other qualifications.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meet-ups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law.