Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for an early-career scientist to join our dynamic science team. The scientist will be an active individual contributor in both research and data projects, and will engage with and support activities both internally and with customer organizations involving scientific protocols, study implementation using the Aetion platform, and data expertise. The scientist will work individually and as part of the team in a stimulating environment founded and led by scientific and industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development and growth. More experienced individuals may have additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, and mentoring.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Aetion teammates and customers to design and implement detailed scientific protocols and generate impactful insights. Conduct original, replication, and validation studies and participate in the design of complex algorithms.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform and measurement system, and transfer that knowledge and understanding to customers and teammates through 1:1 discussions, support requests, written communications, and delivery of training sessions and seminars.
- Develop and provide healthcare data expertise to both internal and external Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various healthcare databases. Validate and document database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets such as support site content, platform libraries, material on data sources, and training curriculum.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Aetion Evidence Platform by actively collecting and cross-functionally addressing user feedback regarding the platform.
- Masters degree or equivalent in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related quantitative science field.
- At least one year experience conducting quantitative analyses using a programming language (e.g., SQL, R, SAS).
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Research experience in a healthcare or medical products organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new analytical and software tools, and computing environments.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meet-ups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law.