To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology.
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness and value of medications. Our 7 global life sciences clients improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access and expedite interactions with the FDA. In our developing payer segment, we identify the precise therapies that can reduce spend and improve outcomes to drive formulary development. Our technology and team are built to propel clients towards the leading edge of outcomes-based contracting.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for an early-career scientist to join our dynamic science team. The scientist will be an active individual contributor in both research and data projects, and will engage with and support activities both internally and with customer organizations involving scientific protocols, study implementation using the Aetion platform, and data expertise. The scientist will work individually and as part of the team in a stimulating environment founded and led by scientific and industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development and growth. More experienced individuals may have additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, and mentoring.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with Aetion teammates and customers to design and implement detailed scientific protocols and generate impactful insights. Conduct original, replication, and validation studies and participate in the design of complex algorithms.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform and measurement system, and transfer that knowledge and understanding to customers and teammates through 1:1 discussions, support requests, written communications, and delivery of training sessions and seminars.
- Develop and provide healthcare data expertise to both internal and external Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various healthcare databases. Validate and document database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets such as support site content, platform libraries, material on data sources, and training curriculum.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Aetion Evidence Platform by actively collecting and cross-functionally addressing user feedback regarding the platform.
- Masters degree or equivalent in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related quantitative science field
- At least one year experience conducting quantitative analyses using a programming language (e.g., SQL, R, SAS)
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Research experience in a healthcare or medical products organization
- Ability to quickly learn new analytical and software tools, and computing environments.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and Energetic Offices – We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Location – We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Ideal Locations – We have offices in the heart of Manhattan and Boston with great views of the cities, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Both offices are easily accessible by mass transportation. Our NY office is within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park. Our Boston office is within ten minutes walking distance of South and North Station Commuter Rails, Logan International Airport, and the beautiful Post Office Square and Boston Public Garden.
- Competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.