To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness and value of medications. We partner with global life sciences customers to improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access, expedite interactions with the FDA, and contracts with payers. When partnering with payers, we identify precise therapies improve patient outcomes at lower cost. Our technology and team propel the transformation of health care into a value-based system built on trust of shared data-based evidence.
Aetion is looking for a Principal Machine Learning Engineer to join our technology team in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP). In this role, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly reliable, scalable, and secure services. You will also partner with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and other engineers to help invent and implement ML/NLP solutions using models, algorithms, etc. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. This role will have a direct impact on the vision and roadmap for Machine Learning and Predictive Modeling initiatives within Aetion.
- Designing, developing and maintaining core Aetion platform features and services
- Helping define product features, driving platform architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a quality product
- Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals and Deep Learning
- Solid knowledge in Natural Language Processing
- Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C++, etc.)
- Strong motivation to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Industry experience as a Senior-level Machine Learning Engineer or related work experience (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting insights from large datasets
- Knowledge of or experience in building production quality applications related to Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Experience with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet
- Experience with the AWS technology stack
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and Energetic Offices – We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Location – We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.