Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for an experienced professional for a Director of Science opportunity to strengthen our real-world data research team. The Director will be an active leader in the organization. This individual will engage with scientists and other researchers both internally and at customer organizations to drive the adoption of and customers’ success with the Aetion software platform. S/he will work cross-functionally within the company to identify and solve business issues, encapsulate scientific methods within Aetion products, and help to build Aetion’s best practices. This individual will also lead scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Serve as Principal Investigator (PI) on client and internal projects and is responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables, removing obstacles and managing risks to successful delivery
- Partner with Commercial, Delivery, Labs and/or other functions in engaging directly with potential and current clients to introduce them to Aetion platform and scientific services, develop proposals for new work, and design other solutions responsive to customer needs and questions
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform and contribute to shared knowledge, enhancement, and QA/validation efforts of the platform
- Design, create, and deliver use-case-driven demonstrations, pilots, and trainings on the platform
- Collaborate with and mentor teammates to develop and implement detailed scientific protocols and develop reports for customers as well as for validation and customer training purposes
- Develop scientific dissemination documents (e.g. study report, abstract, manuscripts, etc…) based on study results
- Mentor junior colleagues on meeting their yearly goals and professional development
- Proactively suggest innovative solutions based on problem descriptions that optimize outcomes and balance resource constraints and cost
- Teach and mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization, both remotely and on customer site within EU
- PhD (or MS with equivalent experience) in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or health economics.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in epidemiology or health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) delivering products or services to life science partners and/or payer organizations.
- Able to design studies and perform advanced professional analytical work in surveillance, detection, and prevention of diseases; HEOR analyses; biostatistics; longitudinal data analyses including descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others, or other expert quantitative areas pertinent to healthcare.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of statistical programming language (e.g. SAS, R, STATA).
- Has a deep conceptual understanding of epidemiological methods and study design, and has SAS, R, STATA or other statistical programming experience.
- Experience working with multiple databases (Claims, EMR, US and non-US).
- Travel will be required (up to 50%) including working on-site with customer.
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and other Aetion facilities, including a week’s stay in the US for company onboarding.
- Fluency in French and Spanish a plus.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meet-ups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law.