To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness and value of medications. We partner with global life sciences customers to improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access, expedite interactions with the FDA, and contracts with payers. When partnering with payers, we identify precise therapies improve patient outcomes at lower cost. Our technology and team propel the transformation of health care into a value-based system built on trust of shared data-based evidence.
Our Principal Backend Engineer is a critical leader to our Engineering organization. As a member of a small, but rapidly expanding organization you will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and work collegiately with highly effective individuals. You will be a lead to our team working on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity.
This role is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will be working in a multi-tenant, service-oriented architecture and launching services/microservices from the ground up.
The following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and cloud-based environment.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Responsible for developing highly performant and scalable components that are able to handle large amounts of data (10+ million patients)
- Help develop a distributed system with concurrent access and usage patterns
- Work closely with our product team and science team to understand the needs of our clients
- 10+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault tolerant, supportable and customer facing solutions
- Significant cloud platform experience, preferably with AWS
- Expert level Java
- Strong unix and scripting skills
- Experience building systems with large data sets
- Experience designing distributed systems at scale
- Strong ability to select, apply algorithms and data structures appropriate for processing large data sets
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and Energetic Offices – We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Location – We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.