Aether's mission is to create the technology required to build new nanomachines and products anywhere that can solve our most significant challenges and open new opportunities for our society. Powered by the world's highest throughput robotic laboratory, Aether is generating data previously thought impossible to feed deep learning algorithms, which fuel a proprietary platform that uses nanotechnology to custom engineer enzymes into general-purpose "atomic assemblers." We are the only company developing these groundbreaking advancements in biotechnology and enzyme mapping that have the potential to catalyze a new industrial revolution of novel materials, therapeutics, products, and environmental strategies that can end resource scarcity. To achieve the lofty vision of creating a future of abundance for humankind, we are building a diverse team of engineers, innovators, and world-changers.
Our product R&D team focuses on identifying and designing new product lines that we can enable with our unique molecular assemblers and reaction indexes. The product team is the entrepreneur/scientist in residence building the next product lines for Aether. We work closely with the business development team and the leadership team to build a high-value, fast-moving product pipeline across several market segments, including pharmaceuticals, high-performance materials, and specialty chemicals.
We're looking for an exceptional product development leader to play an exciting leadership role in a critical strategic space, helping to build a transformative company. The product development leader will develop and execute our product development roadmap in one of our core verticals (Pharma, Materials, or environmental remediation).
- Evaluate market needs and map them to Aether's technology
- Identify technology/capabilities gaps required to develop minimal viable products and build business cases for investment
- Identify and build relationships with potential development partners
- Establish a business plan, guide projects/partnerships, and lead negotiation and contracting when appropriate
- Experience with innovative technologies, with the ability to go deep into the technology from product design, development, and manufacturing
- Ability to shape and adapt a compelling narrative about Aether's technology and differentiation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to build a strategy by synthesizing information, creating a vision, and translating that into an actionable plan with deliverables, timelines, costs, and opportunities
- Experience designing, negotiating, contracting, and delivering on complex partnerships that may include royalties, IP, etc.
- Growth mindset and the desire to give and receive feedback to improve their teammates and themselves
- Distinctive communication skills at the executive level
- Solid financial background (including Excel financial modeling)
- Experience in a high-growth company, preferably in the biotechnology space
- Experience establishing partnerships for novel technologies and applications
- Strong microbiology background (Master's or Ph.D.)
- Experience in a top-tier consulting firm
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We believe that a diverse team can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of clients we seek to serve. As such, Aether Biomachines, Inc. is committed to a diverse representation among our employees.