Aether’s mission is to create the technology required to build new nanomachines and products anywhere that can solve our most significant challenges and open new opportunities for our society. Powered by the world’s highest throughput robotic laboratory, Aether is generating data previously thought impossible to feed deep learning algorithms, which fuel a proprietary platform that uses nanotechnology to custom engineer enzymes into general-purpose “atomic assemblers.” We are the only company developing these groundbreaking advancements in biotechnology and enzyme mapping that have the potential to catalyze a new industrial revolution of novel materials, therapeutics, products, and environmental strategies that can end resource scarcity. To achieve the lofty vision of creating a future of abundance for humankind, we are building a diverse team of engineers, innovators, and world-changers.
Software | Biology R&D | Automation | Machine Learning | Operations | Product
Our product R&D team focuses on identifying and designing new product lines that we can enable with our unique molecular assemblers and reaction indexes. The product team is the entrepreneur/scientist in residence building the next product lines for Aether. We work closely with the business development team and the leadership team to build a high-value, fast-moving product pipeline across several market segments, including pharmaceuticals, high-performance materials, and specialty chemicals.
We’re looking for an exceptional product development leader to play an exciting leadership role in a critical strategic space, helping to build a transformative company.
The product development leader will develop and execute our product development roadmap in one of our core verticals (Pharma, Materials, or environmental remediation).
This will include:
- Evaluating market needs and mapping them to Aether’s technology
- Identifying technology/capabilities gaps required to develop minimal viable products and build business cases for investment
- Identifying potential development partners and building relationships
- Establishing a business plan, guiding projects/partnerships, and leading negotiation and contracting when appropriate.
You will bring to the role:
- The challenges of a startup excite you. Aether Biomachines is changing the world through a platform that has the potential to revolutionize humanity’s relationship to manufacturing. Our ability to build and maintain scalable and efficient systems to deliver a continuously improving product will be the main differentiator between the success and failure of the organization, and you will be a key stakeholder in this process. You believe you are up to the task and want to prove it.
- Technical/scientific background to quickly dive deep into new applications/technologies
- Experience with innovative technologies, with the ability to go deep into the technology from product design, development, and manufacturing
- Ability to shape and adapt a compelling narrative about Aether’s technology and differentiation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to build a strategy by synthesizing information, creating a vision, and translating that into an actionable plan with deliverables, timelines, costs and opportunities
- Experience designing, negotiating, contracting, and delivering on complex partnerships that may include royalties, IP, etc.
- Growth mindset and the desire to give and receive feedback to improve their teammates and themselves
- Distinctive communication skills at the executive level
- Solid financial background (excel financial modeling)
- Experience in a high-growth company, especially in the biotechnology space
- Experience in a top tier consulting firm
- Experience establishing partnerships for novel technologies and applications
- Strong microbiology background (Master or PhD)
Life at Aether:
- Full suite of health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
- Ancillary benefits, including 401(k), HSA/FSA programs
- Commuter Benefits: Aether will match up to $100/month with commuter benefits allocated towards commute expenses, parking expenses, or both.
- Learning & Development: You may purchase up to $50/month in books or other learning materials without any prior approval
- Access to the gym at our Menlo Park location
- Access to our Menlo Park Labs Shuttle & Parking
- Unlimited PTO and 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Stocked snack cabinet and monthly team bagel breakfast
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate you/your family's needs
- Quarterly company-wide events and activities
- Fun--and useful--swag!
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We believe that a diverse team can bring different perspectives and approaches and whose experiences reflect the full set of clients we seek to serve. As such, Aether Biomachines, Inc. is committed to a diverse representation among our employees.